Jobs at Bean Box
Bean Box is an innovative, high-growth e-commerce startup, focused on tapping into the fastest-growing segment of the US coffee market: at-home demand for Specialty Coffee. Our customers adore our products, and we get to sample some of the best coffees on the planet while we’re busy making those customers happy.
Got scale? Got scope? Find yours with us, and help us build big.
Technology is our edge, our leverage, and the fabric that helps us always do better by our customers. We're looking for one senior, and one mid-level engineer who can help us scale our engineering efforts, from front-end commerce to mobile apps to back-end inventory management, process automation, and product fulfillment.
Software Engineers will report to and work with the Director of Engineering to help unlock our next phase of growth. Here's what prospective applicants need to understand before applying:
- Ours is a high-growth, startup-y environment (read: lots of change, lots of challenge).
- With very few exceptions, we prefer building our own systems to piecing together third-party software.
- We ALL have our hands “in the works” of the business and can make material impacts every day (read: tons of leverage).
- Our work is full-stack+++
- On the back end, all of our processes are enabled by our software: from sourcing to receiving to manufacture to material flow to inventory to fulfillment.
- Main areas of code work are e-commerce Web site, iOS and Android apps, our subscription engine, warehouse automation and process systems, and a very wide range of backend tools.
- Integrations include Stripe, Shippo, Twilio, Klaviyo, Amazon, and a bunch of others.
- No religion in terms of process, methodology, language, platform, frameworks, etc. Philosophy is do what works, and move fast.
- Ownership of what we build (and how we build it) is all-encompassing: no PMs, QA teams, product, program or project managers; just our small team and our ability to drive results for our customers and our business.
Applicants should be experienced generalists, with a wide range of experience, ideally e-commerce related, in their quiver. They should also be capable of high throughput with little management overhead. This is a tremendous opportunity to help build a meaningful consumer brand and business, with the added perk of conducting joyful engineering every step of the way.
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter and resume to jobs at beanbox dot com.