If for any reason you are having trouble using bean box dot com,
please call us directly on +1-888-923-8596 or email us at delight at bean box dot com (email@example.com).
Limited Offer: Get started for only $19/mo (Save 20%) ▶
- The Perfect Cup Coffee Forum
- How long is coffee good for?
How long is coffee good for?
Once coffee is roasted the clock is ticking. Freshly roasted coffee is full of rich flavor with no bitter edge. As a general rule, coffee is at peak freshness for 2-3 weeks off of roast. We've found darker roasts are better brewed within 2 weeks and a very light roast can stay good up to 4 weeks. The darker the roast the faster oils and sugars will seep to the outside of the bean causing the center to turn bitter.
A few tips regarding freshness
- Look for a roast date on the coffee bag (expiration dates are a bad sign)
- Only buy whole bean coffee and grind them when you're ready to brew
- Store your beans in dry spot
- Give freshly roasted beans 48 hrs to degas before brewing (or else they can taste green)
over 2 years ago by Andrew F.
Storing coffee properly is easy, once you know what you're trying to solve for: preventing oxidation (spoiling) by limiting (as much as possible) exposure to air, moisture, and sunlight. Resealable coffee bags and tins are...
See full answer
over 2 years ago by C. Paulin
You've probably noticed an increase in local coffee roasters and shops in your neighborhood. It's no surprise, specialty coffee is the fast growing segment of the coffee market. The promise of specialty coffee is better...
See full answer